Furniture is an eternal part of any place that defines its décor and plays a crucial part in its functionality. One of such pieces of furniture is the mirrored dressers that are popular due to multiple benefits. Whether it is about the usability of the drawer space or getting dressed in front of the mirror, having a trendy mirrored dresser is more than necessary in modern-styled homes. The difficult part here is that the trending mirrored dressers are quite expensive and are out of budget for many of us. So, the best and only solution is to make a mirrored dresser for you.
You don’t need to be an engineer to accomplish it as all you require are the detailed steps and a basic understanding of the furniture. The best part is that you’ll find all the necessary tools and equipment in your place only. Have a look at the detailed guide mentioned below:
List of equipment and materials required:
- Used or new dresser
- Spray primer
- Spray paint
- Steel wool
- Mirrors cut to size
Steps to make a mirrored dresser:
The step-by-step guide to making a mirrored dresser at home is:
- Collect all the required tools and equipment needed to make a mirrored dresser. Once you’re ready with the materials, it is time to start with the building process.
- You can start by preparing the dresser. All you need to do is start by sanding the surface of the dresser and going for masking if needed. Once sanding and masking are done, the next step is to go for the priming that covers the dresser surfaces.
- Give your dresser a suitable time to dry after applying the primer. Once dried, it will require high-quality paint as a protective layer.
- Start painting your dresser with metallic paint sprays that are easily available in the market. You can start applying the paint at a distance of 10 to 16 inches from the object. You may require putting 2-3 coats of the paint depending on the required results.
- Here is the most exciting part- to fix the mirrors on the dresser. Glass mirrors are perfect while some like to prefer acrylic. All you need to do is measure the dresser and go for the best matching mirror for your existing dresser. You can start fitting the mirrors using super glue. There is a variety of super glues available in the market that is perfect for fitting mirrors to the dresser.
- You can now fit the knobs to the drawers of your mirrored dresser according to their placements and your requirements.
- Thus, your mirrored dresser is ready to use.
Who doesn’t like to have a mirrored dresser at affordable pricing? The best way is to go for making a one. If you love to make personalized things, it is best to make an elegant and useful mirrored dresser for your place. Whether you want to place it in your dressing room or want to have a pop-up in your hall, mirrored dressers are ideal at any place.
Make it a centrepiece of your place or let it gain the décor’s idea naturally. There is nothing to worry about the procedure as all you need is the basic guidelines and the simple tools on a free afternoon. There is a variety of mirrors to choose from depending upon your dresser requirements. The best part is that all the procedure and the cost of the materials is way too less than purchasing a brand new mirrored dresser.