Paracord or parachute chords are the lightweight nylon rope that is used as suspension lines of the parachute. Have you ever wondered that what you can do with these paracords? Let us try to incorporate paracord in your daily life and start by making a water bottle holder using it. Say goodbye to forgetting your water bottle every time you go outside by using these water bottle holders.
Material required making a paracord water bottle holder:
All you need is:
- Adjustable cord stopper
- Flame to seal the cord ends
- 550 Paracord preferably four feet
Steps in making a paracord water bottle holder:
The step-by-step procedure includes:
- Start folding the paracord full length and folding it in half. Make sure there are no curls or folds in the paracord.
- Mark ten inches from the closed ends to mark the loops.
- Make the starting loop by holding the paracord with the closed-loop towards you. Pull the knot together and then loosen the top loops slightly.
- Thread the carabiner clip through the loops and re-tighten the knots to have the secured ends.
- All you need to do is repeat the cobra knots by knotting the loose ends towards you.
- Leave the six inches of the paracord to attach the water bottle. This is the place that will accommodate the water bottle in your holder.
- Start trimming the loose ends of the paracord strand and heat it using the flame until it starts melting.
- Press the hot end against the lighter handle to make it a flat-looking end.
- Repeat the procedure for locking the second end of the paracord rope.
- Thread the paracord loop through the adjustable cord stopper and move it to the knotted side of the loop. Slide the stopper to adjust the loop size of the water bottle according to your requirements.
- Fix your water bottle and start using this stylish paracord water bottle holder.
Making a paracord water bottle holder – Quick tips:
- You can go for the different colors in Paracord depending on your choice. The fast-pitch softball paracord has a bright optic yellow and red color. The red and white colors for baseball, white and black for soccer, etc., are also top preferences.
- Don’t touch the melted paracord rope with your hands as it is hot and burn your fingers. It may further cause serious damages and may even hamper your fingerprints. Thus, it is advised to use the flame lighter handle to flat the hot rope.
- While fixing the adjustable cord stopper to the paracord loop, keep it on the inside of the loop to prevent it from falling off. If it falls off, you have to start from the first step.
- Be double-sure with all the knots of the paracord loop. It is recommended to double-check the knots to eliminate any last-time strength issues.
The paracord water bottle holders are stylish, useful, and high in demand. The best part is that you can use the existing unused paracord ropes. These ropes are a perfect water bottle holder that goes perfectly with any sports or adventure like trekking, camping, etc.
Thus, it eliminates the requirements to buy expensive water bottle holders that need to be carried in separate hands. The paracord water bottle holder can be easily prepared at home on any free afternoon. All you need are a couple of materials that are easily available at your place. Let the creativity takes the reign of the project and goes for the do-it-yourself paracord water bottle holder.